Insanity

Insanity
Craziness of Hearts

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Expectations...



Some times you feel caged by your surrounding and you dont have a way out. You have to live by the social norms of the society and the worst part is that, you have to live by the standards that you have created involuntarily.

Sometimes being the smart has the disadvantages, being the pretty one in school, or the artistic one. Always excelling in whatever you do comes at a high price for everyone. Sure at that moment everything seems wonderful. Having people praise you, and listening to such beautiful comments about something that you did.

Who doesnt want to feel that way...I bet i do...

But there comes a day, a day where you bomb a test, wear sweatpants and shirt, designs something atrocious, unable to bag a contract, or even living up to your child's expectations and the world all of sudden frowns on you. They look at you with a critical eye and now notice your every flaw.

Sure criticism is okay, but somethings people take to the extreme.
 
In my case personal, when I received a low score on a test and my friend received a better score, she became very proud of herself. And not to get me wrong, I was incredibly proud of her, but after that each day she mentions her victory. And criticizes mine.

Am i not allowed to have a bad day, i am not allowed to be normal and bomb a couple tests.

To have to live by your expectation for me doing wonderful every time, or i can i create my own and follow them...

It that to much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment